Monday, October 31, 2011

Hallowed

I was driving to work this morning, whining (big shock) and I felt a gentle Voice drawing me to pray - I didn't know what to pray, so I started with our Lord's Prayer and got as far as Hallowed be thy name.

Hallowed - holy, sacred, revered....

Our Father in Heaven...HALLOWED be Thy Name...And I was struck by the simplicity - it is not about me. It is for His glory and purpose. Not that He minds venting and honest cries, but He is to be held as holy, sacred and revered.  My life is to be an offering.

I am humbled by the comments to my posts...I am not courageous - but I know WHO I believe in...it is not a pretty story from an old manuscript - scribed in the first century A.D.  It is my personal story of need and provision. Of life made sacred through the Hallowed One, Jesus.

I believe He hears me when I cry out - that He is present and REAL in my day to day. I believe. That is my only true responsibility for today - to believe that He is and that He rewards those who seek Him diligently. What peace that brings to me in this moment for this day.  May He be glorified through this - that I am not ashamed of the path He has called me to - and I will wait for Him - not because of what I have to offer - but because He is HALLOWED and I want His constant finger prints on the pages of my story.

Here is to the gentle Voice's call...

Happy Monday.

The Lord's Prayer

(traditional)


Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I love that prayer and honestly, until lately, I have never actually prayed it before. I just always let the words flow from my mouth, which as Jesus says, comes from the heart. But I have been able to incorporate the Lord's prayer into my own prayers, where I start with the Lord's prayer and then add to it whatever else I need to pray in conjunction with that part of the prayer. I know, that was a mouth full. Nonetheless, in case you may not know me and I am sure you don't cause we have never officially met, but my wife and I are members of Harvest Center CoG where you and your husband came last Sunday to speak about Love Inc. I never spoke to you but I did get a chance to speak to your husband for a bit after the service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I just remembered to invite you to read my blogs if you wish. I just started and so far I only have four posts but I am working on organizing the rambling thoughts and ideas in my head to get more posted. I am trying to get more people to read mine by posting on Facebook every time I write a new post. I seek feedback. Even if it is criticism. I like to be challenged by other's thoughts and opinions and I look for others to challenge me with their point of view. What can I say, I love a good challenge. Anyways, if you would so kindly go to my blog...fromthemindofadamt.blogspot.com and even encourage others that you know that have a blog on here to do so too. And if you could point me toward to some other blogs I would greatly appreciate it. I am really enjoying reading your posts. God bless.

    ReplyDelete