Friday, December 9, 2011

News...

Happy Holidays!! So much has changed since my last post...

I have started my new contract job with Pike County Children Services - best gig, ever!! It is such a blessing to work with ladies that love people and give their all for almost nothing in return.  They are a true blessing.

I am working part time - more time to sleep, eat, and WORRY. But the best part is more time for my boys. I love this.  I know Christian would rather I move back to Columbus and leave him alone - but it is so wonderful to be more hands on with them.  I get to read and do homework with Elisha and attend basketball practice with Christian.  Being a mom - it makes everything else make sense.

If you are wondering about our new NEWS...I am now running a boarding house for country mice.  There is a spacious and easily accessible entrance under my kitchen sink.  I clean their poop up everyday while Mike does war with the peanut butter smeared traps...sometimes I think I can hear them laughing at us.  This life continues to stretch me - make me re-evaluate things.

Oh and HUNTING SEASON...I was minding my own business the other day and heard a gun shot - YES A GUN SHOT....being from the south end of Columbus, my initial instinct is to HIT THE FREAKIN DECK.  I soon realize that I live in a "kill the deer" zone.  There are many, many large trucks, with many, many large men and their tiny sons in orange and camo gear.  Apparently the Monday after Thanksgiving is gun season.  So now when I leave my house - I wear reflective gear and RUN not walk, to my car. 

People miss work - and purposefully put deer pee on themselves and wear T-A-C-K-Y outfits to kill pretty little Bambies.  There is talk of deer stands (do you purchase deer at these stands - NO - you sit there to wait for them. REALLY).

Our pastor, Dennis, can shoot a deer with his left hand while reading his Bible with his right hand - this is not an exaggeration!! We have events at church to ready our gun sights and shoot at random things while hooping and hollering.  Snacks included.  Makes me think twice about that meat loaf at the next church dinner, know what I mean?

Just when I think I have things figured out they throw another wringer! Guess what's after gun/deer season?  Wait for it....MUZZLE LOADER/deer season - yes, some people still shoot with muzzle loaders, just like George Washington and Patrick Henry. I thought my father-in-law was making this up, but he assures me it is much more modern today, and, of course, very MANLY. 

Do you think Muzzle loaders kill mice?  I mean - at this point I am willing to try anything!

Just wanted to update you all on a few of the more significant country discoveries.

So thankful for the friends and family on this journey with me...

Happy Friday. love to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment